Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Give Time Time -- 2005

Where was I all my life
As the years stretched out before me
I can hardly recall a single thing
Worth remembering
Until now
It seems that I was happy
Or so I told myself
What more to life is there than this
But doors can sometimes open
Unbidden, unforeseen
And you can bet I'll venture deep inside
For there may be some magic
Some mystery yet unsolved
For me to wrap my heart and mind around
Don't give up
Don't despair
Don't slam the door on life
Because you've only seen the darker side
Everything you've lived has brought you here
Don't step into oblivion
Don't take the path to death
Until you've lived your life
And earned the right
To step into the light that knows no bounds
Doors can sometimes open
Unbidden, unforeseen
Wait your chance
Give time the time it needs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this poem. Allowing yourself to slow down and give yourself time is the greatest freedom there is. It is so simple yet so hard to do... :)